Cohesion and Cooperation
European Commission Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy (DG REGIO)
DG REGIO will present several communication actions at the 18th European Week of Regions and Cities (#EURegionsWeek). Each of these actions have a different focus but the same objective: to make cohesion policy results more visible to European citizens.
In close cooperation with EU programmes’ partners and increasing citizens’ engagement, you will be able to relish the benefits of European cohesion policy via:
- The Regiostars awards (#Regiostars) when the name of the 2020 finalists will be unveiled by 5 Commission College Members and the Spokesperson of Commission President Von der Leyen
- Discover Europe on 4 different routes and share the journey with your friends – all made possible by the amazing pics by EU projects, from our flagship campaign EUinmyRegion (#EUinmyRegion)
- Posters from our 50 local campaigns “EU Delivers in the Regions”
- Home-made stories from the regions showcasing, with the help of REGIO colleagues and partners in the regions, how Europe and regions smartly team up throughout the Covid-19 crisis “Stories from the Regions”.
- The thrilling pitches of the 2020 EU Datathon finalists teams (#EUDatahon #ideas4EU)
- The approaching Green Trip, better known in past editions as the RoadTrip Project
- Last but not least, as we celebrate 30 years of Interreg programmes, Interreg successes across borders will be all around starting with this Interreg 30 animation video showcasing the principle and successes of European Territorial Cooperation.
In collaboration with media, academia and schools, you will meet and learn about:
- The 33 winners of the 4th edition of the Youth4Regions young media programmes (#Youth4Regions) and the 2 awardees of the Megalizzi-Niedzielski prize
- The enthusiastic physical and on-line presence of At the School of Open Cohesion alumni
- The informative episodes by Euronews featuring Europe’s “Smart Regions” (#SmartRegions)
Promote cohesion policy (#CohesionPolicy) and its achievements over the different periods:
- Past (from 1950 to 2020) : Together, we have built Europe
- Present (database of recent projects): ESIF open data (#ESIFopendata) and Projects Atlas
- Future (forecast 2021 -2027): 30+ Cohesion Policy briefings to learn and ask, in your own language, about funding opportunities to build a greener brighter future together.
If you wish to know more about any of these actions, do not hesitate to reach us on social media, via our website or via direct e-mail using the menu beside this text. Most of these actions will be at the #EURegionsWeek programme, find out more here